The HSE Leader's Role in Ensuring Workplace Safety Practices @ OSH South India 2023
Informa Markets in India has a dedicated show to spread awareness on Occupational Safety & Health for South Indian industry - OSH South India.The 8th edition of OSH South India is slated to be held in Chennai Trade Centre from 6-7 July, 2023.
The show is the South Indian version of the immensely popular OSH India, South Asia's largest safety & health expo and conference, organized in Mumbai since 2012. The exhibition brings together more than 7000 national and international industry professionals across construction, manufacturing, PPE and other key industry domains.
As India becomes the top choice for doing business, we need to tackle the cause and incidence of occupational safety and health incidents and ill health through visible leadership. Moreover, in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, PPE, safety workwear, powered access equipment, chemical safety products, ergonomics, gas detection, etc are in increased focus and OSH South India Expo provides a unique platform for government officials and safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health.
OSH South India Expo: Key highlights
- Over 60 exhibitors and 100 brands offering exclusive deals on more than 3,000 products across safety & health domain.
- Visitors include more than 3,500 national and international key industry professionals across key industry domains.
- OSH South India 2023 features a power-packed two-day conference where all stakeholders—government officials, HSE experts, industry associations and OSH evangelists come together to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce.
Supporting organisations: International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), Indian Technical Textiles Association (ITTA), Safety Appliances Manufacturers Association (SAMA), World of Safety & Health (WSH) Asia, Safety Training institutes and more.
International connect: OSH International portfolio includes shows such as Safety & Health Expo UK (www.safety-health-expo.co.uk).
Going forward in the ‘new normal’ it is imperative on an organisation to carry out regular safety audits and ensure that all measures for worker safety are adhered to without any compromise. In addition, the review of safety procedures, safety performance monitoring besides labour training on safe practices should be important constituents of company policy.
Health and safety professionals across industry verticals have recognised the importance of tackling health issues and not just concentrating on safety. In numerous conversations with workers across industries several clear industry trends have been found. These include:
- Insufficient and poor-quality sleep;
- Long commutes and long working days, which induce fatigue and don’t allow sufficient time to achieve adequate sleep;
- The transient workforce makes poor lifestyle choices away from home and do not prioritise rest when back at home.
As a result, we commonly see issues including:poor health; increased levels of stress and declining mental health; impaired decision making; driver fatigue – including accidents and near misses whilst commuting; strained personal and professional relationships; impaired cognitive performance and executive functioning; reduced co-ordination; high levels of driver fatigue as well as poor communications.
Conference: Simplifying Occupational Safety & Health Challenges for the Workforce
- The two-day conference as part of OSH South India strives to bring all key stakeholders—government officials, HSE experts, industry associations and OSH evangelists—together to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce
- OSH South India regularly takes initiatives to spread awareness regarding the importance of occupational safety and health for working women, workplace ergonomics and employee health & efficiency.
- India is on the growth journey towards becoming a developed, mature economy. So, as the economy increases in size and value we also need to keep a close watch on occupational accidents and workers’ health.
- OSH South India endeavours to learn from the top leaders—Health and Safety Heads across industry—to understand how to take care of occupational safety and health of workers across industry and steps required to be taken to follow best safety practices within an organisation.
- OSH South India will provide leadership insights and help empower safety and productivity at work.
- Each session provides the most comprehensive information needed to meet regulations and overcome industry challenges.
- You will have the opportunity to meet professionals from every industry, explore the latest trends in safety while making new contacts at the tradeshow.
The key topics to be discussed as part of OSH South India conference:
- The effective management of workplace health related conditions
- HSE at Workplace: Future risks, challenges and opportunities
- Workshop: Ergonomics and Workplaces: Formulation the Right Mix of Health and Productivity
- The Impact of Health and Safety Regulations and Compliances on the Workplace
- Safeguarding Workers in Construction Industry with Industry-Leading Best Practices in HSE
- Workshop: Five Steps to Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Importance of Mental Wellbeing at Workplaces
- Communicating Workplace Safety Practices: The Leader’s Role
- Future of Safety in a Digitalised World – Preventing Accidents through the Use of Technology