Learn Best Practices in Ergonomics and Occupational Health at OSH India 2018
To spread awareness on Occupational Safety & Health, UBM India organises the largest OSH exhibition cum conference in South Asia, called OSH India, annually in Mumbai. The 7th edition is going to be held at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon from 29th-30th November, 2018. Health and safety professionals across industry verticals have recognised the importance of tackling health issues and not just concentrating on safety.
In numerous conversations with workers across industries several clear industry trends have been found. These include:
• Insufficient and poor-quality sleep;
• Long commutes and long working days, which induce fatigue and don’t allow sufficient time to achieve adequate sleep;
• Driver fatigue is common, especially in managers and policies on overnight stop-overs are often ignored;
• The transient workforce makes poor lifestyle choices away from home and do not prioritise rest when back at home.
As a result, we commonly see issues including: poor health; increased levels of stress and declining mental health; impaired decision making; driver fatigue – including accidents and near misses whilst commuting; strained personal and professional relationships; impaired cognitive performance and executive functioning; reduced co-ordination; high levels of driver fatigue as well as poor communications.
It is imperative on the organisation to carry out regular safety audits and ensure that all measures for worker safety are adhered to without any compromise. In addition, the review of safety procedures, safety performance monitoring besides labour training on safe practices should be important constituents of company policy.
UBM India has been organising OSH India, South Asia's largest safety & health expo and conference in Mumbai since 2012. The exhibition brings together more than 6000 national and international key industry professionals across construction, manufacturing, PPE and other key industry domains. The 2017 edition saw over 140 brands offering exclusive deals on more than 10,000 products across safety & health, ergonomics, material handling and service management including work wear, evacuation systems, gas detection, behavioural safety services and more.
OSH India provides a unique platform for safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health. Over the last decade OSH India has received a tremendous response from industry professionals in India and has shown remarkable growth.
Some of the key associations supporting OSH India include DISH, Gujarat Safety Council, International Powered Access Federation, Green Triangle Society, Indian Technical Textile Association, Aerial Platform Association of India. The show provides a wide range of avenues to do business and gain knowledge at various forums.
The Conference: Connecting the Dots in Occupational Safety And Health
OSH India 2018 features a power-packed two-day conference where all stakeholders to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce. This year OSH India is taking the initiative to spread awareness regarding the occupational safety and health for working women, workplace ergonomics and employee health & efficiency.
OSH India 2018 will provide leadership insights and help you implement safety and productivity at work. Each session provides comprehensive information that helps meet regulations and overcome industry challenges.
You will have the opportunity to meet professionals from every industry, explore the latest trends in safety while making new contacts at the tradeshow.
• Challenges in Implementing Laws and legislation Related to OSH in Construction Industry (panel discussion)
• Implementing OSH Best Practices in the Construction Industry
• Changing the Mindsets in Cement Manufacturing Regarding OSH
• Accident Prevention: Risk Assessment and Control Strategies
• How Implementing the Right OSH Strategy Benefits Organisations
• Safety Best Practices for a Renewable Power Generation Facility
• Accident Prevention: Behavioral Based Safety, going Beyond Risk Assessment & Control Strategies
The Role and Need for Accreditation in HSE (Workshop)
• Battling Occupational Hazards to Workers’ Health
• Occupational Health & Safety in the Unorganised Sector
• Different Categories Of Occupational Hazards That Industrial Hygienists Must Identify And Control
• Ensuring a Safe and Hygienic Working Environment in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Changing Workspaces and their Impact on Employee Health
• Standardising Industry Policies for Handling Hazardous Incidents
• From Safety Compliance to Culture in Safety
• Key Partner Organisations for OSH India 2018
Gold Partner: Venus and Safewell; Registration & Visitor Bag: Karam; Lanyard Partner: Allen Cooper; Badge Partner: Uviraj; Safe Escape Partner: Prolite; Associate Conference Partner?: Youngwoo Ind; Conference Session Partner: Godrej Interio; VIP partner: Jayco; Confined Space Entry Solutions Partner: Draeger; Technology Partner?; Tata Communications; Health Partner: Narayana Superspecialty Hospital; Key Branding Partners: Ultima Safety Shoes, Victor Imports, Torpedo Shoes and Shaurya HSE
International Partners: British Safety Council, International Powered Access Federation and NEBOSH.
Who should attend
OSH India is attended by everyone who is interested and deals with workplace safety and health issues at work. High-level government officials, high-level decision-makers in the public and private sectors, Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and labour leaders, Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) professionals such as safety engineers, safety technicians Occupational hygienists, scientists, Labour inspectors and safety and health inspectors regularly attend OSH India exhibition cum conference.