Best Practices in HSE, Sustainability & Continuous Improvement in Workplace Safety @ OSH South India 2022
Informa Markets in India has a dedicated show to spread awareness on Occupational Safety & Health for South Indian industry- OSH South India. The 7th edition of OSH South India is slated to be held in Chennai Trade Centre from 17-18 June, 2022.
The show is the South Indian version of the immensely popular OSH India, South Asia's largest safety & health expo and conference, organized in Mumbai since 2012. The exhibition brings together more than 6000 national and international industry professionals across construction, manufacturing, PPE and other key industry domains
As India becomes the top choice for doing business, we need to tackle the cause and incidence of occupational safety and health incidents and ill health through visible leadership. Moreover, in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, PPE, safety workwear, powered access equipment, chemical safety products, ergonomics, gas detection, etc are in increased focus and OSH South India Expo provides a unique platform for government officials and safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health.
OSH South India Expo: Key highlights
- Over 60 exhibitors and 100 brands offering exclusive deals on more than 3,000 products across safety & health domain.
- Visitors include more than 3,000 national and international key industry professionals across key industry domains.
- OSH South India 2022 features a power-packed two-day conference where all stakeholders - government officials, HSE experts, industry associations and OSH evangelists come together to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce.
Supporting organisations:International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), Indian Technical Textiles Association (ITTA), Safety Appliances Manufacturers Association (SAMA), World of Safety & Health (WSH) Asia, Safety Training institutes and more.
International connect:OSH International portfolio includes shows such as Safety & Health Expo UK (www.safety-health-expo.co.uk).
Key Exhibition partners:
- Black + Decker
- Concord Helmet & Safety Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Heapro India Safety Products Private Limited
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
- Intech Safety Pvt Ltd.
- ION SCIENCE (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
- Jayco Safety Products Pvt Ltd
- Joseph Leslie & Co. LLP
- Karam Safety Private Limited
- Liberty Shoes Ltd.
- M.N. Rubber Private Limited
- Mallcom (India) Ltd
- Midas Safety Pvt. Ltd.
- Motorola Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
- Raychem RPG Ltd
- Red Star Safety Pvt Ltd
- Sure Safety India Limited
- TATA International Ltd.
- Torpedo Shoes (P) Ltd
- Udyogi International Pvt Ltd
- Venus Safety & Health Pvt Ltd
Going forward in the ‘new normal’ it is imperative on an ecognized n to carry out regular safety audits and ensure that all measures for worker safety are adhered to without any compromise. In addition, the review of safety procedures, safety performance monitoring besides ecognize training on safe practices should be important constituents of company policy.
Health and safety professionals across industry verticals have ecognized the importance of tackling health issues and not just concentrating on safety. In numerous conversations with workers across industries several clear industry trends have been found. These include:
- Insufficient and poor-quality sleep;
- Long commutes and long working days, which induce fatigue and don’t allow sufficient time to achieve adequate sleep;
- The transient workforce makes poor lifestyle choices away from home and do not prioritise rest when back at home.
As a result, we commonly see issues including: poor health; increased levels of stress and declining mental health; impaired decision making; driver fatigue – including accidents and near misses whilst commuting; strained personal and professional relationships; impaired cognitive performance and executive functioning; reduced co-ordination; high levels of driver fatigue as well as poor communications.
As India becomes the top choice for doing business, we would need to tackle the cause and incidence of occupational accidents and ill health through visible leadership. OSH India through its shows provides a unique platform for safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health. Over the last decade OSH India has received a tremendous response from industry professionals in India and has shown remarkable growth.
Conference: Decoding Challenges to OSH in 2022
The two-day conference as part of OSH South India strives to bring all key stakeholders—government officials, HSE experts, industry associations and OSH evangelists—together to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce. This year OSH South India is also taking the initiative to spread awareness regarding the importance of occupational safety and health for working women, workplace ergonomics and employee health & efficiency.
India is on the growth journey towards becoming a developed, mature economy. So, as the economy increases in size and value we also need to keep a close watch on occupational accidents and workers’ health. At OSH India we endeavour to learn from the top leaders-CEOs, Health and Safety Heads across industry-to understand how to take care of occupational safety and health of workers across industry and steps required to be taken to follow best safety practices within an organisation.
OSH South India will provide leadership insights and help you empower safety and productivity at work. Each session provides the most comprehensive information needed to meet regulations and overcome industry challenges. You will have the opportunity to meet professionals from every industry, explore the latest trends in safety while making new contacts at the tradeshow.
The key topics to be discussed as part of OSH South India conference:
- The effective management of workplace health related conditions (speaker session)
- HSE at Workplace: Future risks, challenges and opportunities (panel discussion)
- Workshop: Ergonomics and Workplaces: Formulation the Right Mix of Health and Productivity (speaker session)
- The Impact of Health and Safety Regulations and Compliances on the Workplace (panel discussion)
- Invigorating Workers in Construction Industry with Industry-Leading Best Practices in HSE (speaker session)
- Workshop: Five Steps to Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (speaker session)
- Mental Wellbeing at Workplaces (speaker session)
- Communicating Workplace Safety Practices: The Leader’s Role (speaker session)
- Future of Safety in a Digitalised World – Preventing Accidents through the Use of Technology (panel discussion)
- Thiru. Braj Kishore Ravi, IPS, DGP / Director, Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services
- Thiru. Chozha Naachiar Rajasekar, President, The Tamil Chamber of Commerce
- Thiru. M.V. Karthikeyan, B.E., Joint Director, Directorate of Industrial Safety & Health, Govt of Tamil Nadu
- K. Arul, Addl. Director of Industrial Safety and Health (Retd), Govt. of Tamilnadu / Vice President,The Coimbatore Productivity Council, Coimbatore
- Jayasanckar R., Vice President and Head -EHS, EID Parry (India) Limited
- Dr.K.Mamallan, Senior Manager, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Jason Woods, Regional Manager Middle East and South Asia, IPAF
- M. Namasivayam, Ex-Divisional Officer, Tamil Nadu Fire & Rescue Services Dept, Govt. of Tamil Nadu
- Prof. Dr. Vidhya Venugopal, Professor of Occupational and Environmental Health at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
- V. Purushothaman, Sr EHS Manager, Blue Star Ltd
- Edwin Jenson N. S., Director, Chemsys Innovative Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Dr.VP.Sridhar, Senior Consultant for Process Safety & Environment Health and Safety, Sun Consulting Pvt Limited / AgniTech Consulting
- Stalin S, Director, Chem Skill Development Centre
- Dr. Aleem M., Consultant, Efficaz Safety
- V. Narasimhan, Chief consultant- Safety, NARASIMHAANS Safety
- Murali T.R., Head-HSE Sustainability & Continuous Improvement, India, South Asia, Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, FLSmidth
- Nithyaprakash S., Team Leader – Certification, Global Capability Centre, Lloyd’s Register
- S.M. Ravi, MBA, DIS, NEBOSH, Lead Auditor – ISO 45001 & 14001, Vice President – Safety Engineers Association (India)
- Dipil Kumar Vasu, SMS, Director, TeamTech EHS
- P.N. Balasubramanian, Safety Consultant & Trainer