10th edition of OSH India Expo Scheduled from 24-25 Nov, 2022 at Hall 4, Bombay Exhibition Centre
To spread awareness on Occupational Safety & Health, Informa Markets in India organises the largest OSH exhibition cum conference in South Asia, called OSH India, annually in Mumbai. The 10th edition is going to be held during 24-25 November, 2022 at Hall 4 in Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai. Informa Markets has been organising OSH India, South Asia's largest safety & health expo and conference in Mumbai since 2012. The exhibition brings together more than 6000 national and international key industry professionals across construction, manufacturing, PPE and other key industry domains.
The 2021 edition saw over 100 brands offering exclusive deals on more than 10,000 products across safety & health, ergonomics, material handling and service management including work wear, evacuation systems, gas detection, behavioural safety services and more. OSH India provides a unique platform for safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health. Over the last decade OSH India has received a tremendous response from industry professionals in India and has shown remarkable growth.
OSH India Expo now has a ten-year legacy of enriching Indian industry with HSE knowledge and spreading awareness through quality safety and occupational health product demos, and industry-leading conference sessions since the inception of its first edition in 2012.
Each year OSH India showcases world-class safety and health products and solutions in PPE, ergonomics, gas detection and control, chemical safety, working at heights, etc. While we would continue to expand showcase of these products and solutions, this year as part of the 10th edition celebrations we also plan to raise awareness related to OSH India among safety officers and industry professionals across India to help them plan their visit in advance. Accordingly, we plan to do several roadshows across key industrial belts such as Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar and Delhi NCR Oct-Nov 2022. This would enable us to reach out with the right messaging for the new things we plan to introduce at OSH India Expo this year. We would organize a hosted buyer program for HSE heads as part of the OSH India Expo, to enable for them a direct contact with key vendors of safety solutions. This would also help the vendors understand the HSE challenges and provide solutions to mitigate them better. We would also launch the OSH Gurukul campaign, which is an occupational safety and health awareness campaign specifically for SMEs. It will draw strength from the experience of HSE veterans in large Indian industries and take their experiences to the uninitiated safety and health practitioners in the SME sector, thereby fulfilling the ambitious goal of bridging OSH divide between the large and small industrial clusters.
OSH India is the pioneer and the biggest occupational safety and health expo held in the South Asian region ever since its inception in 2012. It provides a unique platform for government officials and safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health. It draws inspiration from the OSH International portfolio of Informa Markets which includes shows such as Safety & Health Expo, The UK. OSH India has fantastic connects with all key stakeholders and experts within the global OSH community as can be seen from the increasing participation of global OSH stakeholders each year.
The 8th OSH India Awards
OSH India Awards is a unique initiative intended to recognize HSE officers who implement path-breaking occupational safety & health solutions across various industry verticals. To give you an idea of the scale of the awards, we received 245 nominations in the previous edition in 2019 and aim to surpass this number for this year’s Awards. The pre-jury advisory meet to deliberate on the various categories has already been held virtually on 2nd August wherein valuable inputs were assimilated from key influencers and veterans in the safety fraternity. The final jury meet to select the winners will be held during the month of November. Ernst & Young (E&Y) are the process advisors for these awards and winners will be announced at a glittering ceremony on 24th November 2022 at the OSH India Expo venue itself. To increase our outreach, we are also going to telecast the ceremony on CNBC-TV18. To add some spice to the Awards evening we also organize the Safety Fashion Walk wherein top brands in the workwear domain showcase their latest designs through gorgeous models sashaying down the ramp.
The Conference – Ensuring a Safe, Healthy and Productive Workforce
Over the years the OSH India conference running alongside the industry exhibition features thought-provoking speaker sessions and panel discussions on topics of contemporary interest from renowned HSE heads and international experts. It is a unique opportunity for HSE officers attending as delegates to benchmark themselves globally and get the latest Indian regulatory framework updates. Delegates learn how to harness a culture of behavioural safety by installing systems and management best practices that promote exceptional performance. Leading organisations in the Construction, Manufacturing, Pharma, Oil & Gas verticals such as L&T, Ford, Maruti, Tata Projects, Tata Motors and ONGC have sent 1,500+ delegates over the years at the conference.
With an endeavour to bring key stakeholders in the safety domain on one platform and to deliberate on the new-age challenges to occupational safety and health within organisations, OSH India 2022 features a power-packed conference with the theme— Ensuring a Safe, Healthy and Productive Workforce. Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- Enforcing Guidelines Related to Employee Safety and Industrial Hygiene: Key Challenges and Responsibilities (panel discussion)
- Ensuring Safety Culture in a Large Organisation: The Leader’s Role (speaker session)
- Tackling Occupational Disease by Keeping Regular Tab on Health and Safety Metrics
- Redefining Safety Metrics for Workers at High Rise Buildings and Construction Sites (Panel Discussion)
- Ensuring Workers’ Safety in Renewable Energy Facilities (speaker session)
- The Importance of Ensuring Right Ergonomics at Workplace (speaker session)
- Fire Safety Planning and Working With Hazardous Substances and Chemicals (Panel Discussion)
- Formulating the Right Approach to Disaster Management/Crisis Management
Some of the big brands that have confirmed their participation till date include Karam, Udyogi, Venus, Joseph Leslie, Utex, Allen Cooper, Acme Safetywear, Mtandt, Intech, Jayco, Garware, Tata International, Ansell, Marvel Gloves, Prolite, Midas Safety, Portwest and NEBOSH.
Some of the key associations supporting OSH India include National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), Indian Society of Ergonomics (ISE), Indian Technical Textiles Association (ITTA), Safety Appliances Manufacturers Association (SAMA), Air India Engineering Services Ltd, MRO Association, Safety Training institutes and more.
- Mike Robinson, Chief Executive, British Safety Council
- Dr. Priyanka Dhepe, Senior Ergonomic Consultant, Godrej Interio
- Dr. Vikram Kapur, Ph.D., CSP, SMS, TEDx Speaker & Sr. EHS Manager - Tesla
- Dr. Deepa Aman, Head Consulting & Training, Sure Safety India Ltd.
- Tejal Tyagi, Head Safety, Environment and Security - South Asia, Unilever
- Mayurika Chakraborty, Head HSSE and Business Compliance Ambassador, Maersk South Asia
- Madhusmita Agarwal, Director, Operations Support Services, Thales India
- Geetali Thakur, EHS Regional Director APAC T&W, Global HR and EH&S, Givaudan Singapore
- Priyanka Katoch, AGM-EHS, Pernod Ricard India
- Josy John, Chief Health and Safety Expert, Mumbai Ahmedabad High Speed Rail, Tata Consulting Engineers Limited.
- Pankaj Singh, Head, Health & Safety, Ambuja Cements
- Hasit Dangi, Head - Production (Group II) and Site Logistics Head - Bayer
- Ashutosh Kumar Jha, Director and Head EHS API & Special Projects, Cipla
- Indranil Chakraborty, Senior General Manager & Head of OSH&E, Thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions (India)
- Viren Dhulla, Account Manager – HSE, Dupont Sustainable Solutions
- Jitendra Deshpande, Head-HSE, FM Logistics
- Sunil Bailwar, Vice President & Head Corporate Environment, Health & Safety at Hindalco Industries
- Durganand Thakur, Vice-President - HSW, Vodafone Idea
- Kevin Chothani, Vice President – EHS, Sekura Energy
- Naresh Trivedi, Risk Management Specialist & Head EHS SSP Business, Coromandel International Ltd
- P.A. Murali, Vice President and Head – HSEF, Nayara Energy Limited
- Birendra Verma, Joint President & Group Head Safety, Adani Group
- Amar Dalvi, HSE Head, Ion Exchange
- Pravin Shinde, Adoption Lead - Digital SHE – Non-MF Sites, EMEA / APAC, Roche
- Suvek Salankar, Head- Safety & Fire, Rustomjee Constructions
- Nithyaprakash S, Team Leader – Certification, Global Capability Centre, LRQA
OSH India is attended by everyone who is interested and deals with workplace safety and health issues at work. High-level government officials, high-level decision-makers in the public and private sectors, Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and labour leaders, Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) professionals such as safety engineers, safety technicians, Occupational hygienists, scientists, Labour inspectors and safety and health inspectors regularly attend OSH India exhibition cum conference.