Occupational Safety & Health, Ergonomics and Workplace Wellbeing to be in Focus at OSH South India on 3-4 June 2021
To spread awareness on Occupational Safety & Health, Informa Markets in India has a dedicated show for the South Indian industry—OSH South India. The 7th edition of OSH South India is slated to be held in Bengaluru International Exhibition Centre from 3-4 June 2021. Health and safety professionals across industry verticals have recognised the importance of tackling health issues and not just concentrating on safety. In numerous conversations with workers across industries several clear industry trends have been found. These include:
• Insufficient and poor-quality sleep;
• Long commutes and long working days, which induce fatigue and don’t allow enough time to achieve adequate sleep;
• Worker fatigue is common, especially in managers and policies on overnight stopovers are often ignored;
• The transient workforce makes poor lifestyle choices away from home and do not prioritise rest when back at home.
As a result, we commonly see issues including: poor health; increased levels of stress and declining mental health; impaired decision making; driver fatigue – including accidents and near misses whilst commuting; strained personal and professional relationships; impaired cognitive performance and executive functioning; reduced co-ordination; high levels of driver fatigue as well as poor communications.
It is imperative on the organisation to carry out regular safety audits and ensure that all measures for worker safety are adhered to without any compromise. In addition, the review of safety procedures, safety performance monitoring besides labour training on safe practices should be important constituents of company policy.
Comprehensive training programmes as part of skill development can help workers recognise early symptoms of any potential occupational disease. UBM India has been organising OSH India, South Asia's largest safety & health expo and conference in Mumbai since 2012. The exhibition brings together more than 6000 national and international key industry professionals across construction, manufacturing, PPE and other key industry domains. More than 4,000+ visitors are expected to visit across the two days of exhibition and conference.
As India becomes the top choice for doing business, we would need to tackle the cause and incidence of occupational accidents and ill health through visible leadership. OSH India through its shows provides a unique platform for safety professionals to network with industry stalwarts and gain knowledge on the latest developments in the space of Occupational Safety & Health. Over the last decade OSH India has received a tremendous response from industry professionals in India and has shown remarkable growth. Employees work under extreme hardships, risking their lives and putting their families at risk of losing livelihood. Even worse is the risk of causing permanent damage to one’s physical wellbeing and with it the ability to carry out one’s professional responsibilities. It has been estimated that indirect costs associated with an accident or physical trauma could be upto ten times greater than the direct costs suffered through loss of income.
OSH South India 2021 Conference: Decoding New OSH Challenges in 2021
India is on the growth journey towards becoming a developed, mature economy. So, as the economy increases in size and value, we also need to keep a close watch on occupational accidents and workers’ health. At OSH India we endeavour to learn from the top leaders—CEOs, Health and Safety Heads across industry—to understand how to best take care of occupational safety and health of workers across industry and steps required to be taken to follow best safety practices within your organisation.
The two-day conference as part of OSH South India 2021 strives to bring all key stakeholders—government officials, HSE experts, industry associations and OSH evangelists—together to discuss occupational safety and health as a priority for companies, while reiterating the significance and business benefits of investing in the health and safety of workforce. This year OSH South India is also taking the initiative to spread awareness regarding the importance of occupational safety and health for working women, workplace ergonomics and employee health & efficiency.
OSH South India 2021 will provide leadership insights and help you empower safety and productivity at work. Each session provides the most comprehensive information needed to meet regulations and overcome industry challenges. You will have the opportunity to meet professionals from every industry, explore the latest trends in safety while making new contacts at the tradeshow.
The key topics to be discussed as part of OSH South India 2021 conference:
• Implementing Laws and legislation Related to OSH: A Leader’s Priorities
• Challenging Mindsets in the Construction Industry to Increase OSH Awareness
• Fire Safety Strategies for Tall Buildings and Commercial Establishments
• Battling Occupational Hazards to Workers’ Health
• Best Practices For Controlling Debilitating Injuries to Workers
• Leadership Approach to Formulating Best Practices in Ensuring Environmental Sustainability
• The Roadmap towards Mitigating Disasters in Organisations
• Mitigating Threats from Hazardous Chemicals in Organisations
• Ensuring Level Playing Field for Women in Workplace Health and Safety
Who Should Attend?
• Everyone who is interested and deals with workplace safety and health issues at work
• High-level government officials, high-level decision- makers in the public and private sectors
• Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and labour leaders
• Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) professionals such as safety engineers, safety technicians
• Occupational hygienists and scientists
• Occupational physicians and others dealing with occupational medicine
• Labour inspectors and safety and health inspectors
• Trade unions, workers and their representatives
• Employers and their organisations, including human resource managers
• Manufacturers and importers of safety materials and safety equipment
Log on to www.oshindia.com to find out more about OSH South India Expo 2021.